Content marketers produce and deliver content throughout three cycles: the sales cycle, the customers’ buying cycle and the news cycle. Create blog posts, videos, webinars, tweets when you have something to say, when your customer is curious and when there is news that might share the stage with your products and ideas.
- Produce an editorial calendar that supports your sales cycle. Deliver relevant messaging to match your business objectives on your timetable. We have a new product we are ready to launch.
- Support the buying cycle by providing relevant content when the buyer is uninterested and unaware to the final stage – a loyal customer eager to share their experience on their timetable. Here’s a tutorial on using this product.
- Curate information from Twitter, Facebook, blogs and the news cycle to discover what people are talking about right now. Use your content inventory to deliver messaging to connect relevant content with relevant news. American react to seasonal weather/economic conditions and this product is a portion of that discussion.
Don’t allow a content marketing stall
What are your roadblocks to creating great content? Does your team say ‘we can’t’:
- Produce engaging content
- Produce enough content
- Produce a budget to produce content
- Produce buy-in from our leaders/shareholders
- Produce a variety of content
Yes, you can. Where is your marketing budget going now? Is it evergreen (content that lives 24/7/365, accessible – and sharable – everywhere)?
Great content is evergreen
Shareable, relevant content doesn’t go away after an ad buy. This evergreen content remains in your inventory ready to connect the right people with the right message at the right time. Your content remains anchored 24/7 to deliver your message.
Get organized and get a coach, and then not only produce your own content but own your story.
KC’s Content Marketing series
- Why content marketing is so damn important
- What content marketers and digital managers do
- Choose the best people to deliver content marketing
- List of content marketing tactics
- Timing content for sales cycle, buying cycle and news cycle