Now that you understand why content marketing is so damn important and what content marketers do, let’s look at the people that content marketers deliver the good stuff to and who are the best people to create great content. Why is content marketing so damn important? Because people come to your website for the content.
Content marketers must understand who is delivering and receiving the content message, what makes that content unique and shareable and when and how often to deliver. The content we’re talking about is any status post, white paper, storytelling video, tweet, podcast, blog post – your branded message delivered in any number of ways.
Build content for groups
You are building your content for these groups – they are receiving and engaging with the content:
- Potential customers
- Knowledge/thought leaders
- Brand advocates
Focus on this audience when they interact in your space but be keenly aware of their behavior outside of your space. The same conversation about your brand attached to a Twitter hashtag is as valuable as the comment shared directly on your website.
Best employee speakers
Your best speakers (content producers) include:
- Employees that have specialized knowledge
- Employees that have customer touchpoints provide invaluable information about tone and patterns
Next post: Content marketers know their delivery people, now they must understand the content that they deliver.
KC’s Content Marketing series
- Why content marketing is so damn important
- What content marketers and digital managers do
- Choose the best people to deliver content marketing
- List of content marketing tactics
- Timing content for sales cycle, buying cycle and news cycle